2017 Team Thread

Blue&White

Re: 2017 Team Thread

Postby Blue&White » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:05 pm

It's a noon game. What time are you taking her out? You have to pace yourself, pal.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:15 pm

LioninVa wrote:Very good points, lama. I would add that we may still be a little weak on the front lines. I would like to think that this is a result of the sanctions and that schollys went more to skill positions when depleted. That has been corrected but I feel that there is still damage to the development in those areas.

All in all, while I am disappointed with the failure to close out close games late, I can’t complain too much at this point.

This.

If these types of issues are still prevalent 3-4 years from now there should be cause for concern. I'm not too wrapped up yet about his road record, etc, considering where he started.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Blue&White wrote:It's a noon game. What time are you taking her out? You have to pace yourself, pal.

I think Bojangles has a buy one/get one special on their spicy chicken biscuit. That and we'll share a large coffee. It'll be a blast.

;)
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:37 am

pennstate92 wrote:
Blue&White wrote:It's a noon game. What time are you taking her out? You have to pace yourself, pal.

I think Bojangles has a buy one/get one special on their spicy chicken biscuit. That and we'll share a large coffee. It'll be a blast.

;)

Don't over do it 92, you will make the rest of us look cheap AND you set yourself up for future anniversaries to top that doozie! :o

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:40 am

That's some good advice from Carl. Save Bojangles for the 20th. 15 is only a MickyDee's kind of an anniversary. And, only after the game.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Wow, I didn't of that. Sage advice from both of you - mucho gracias.

Just one question, am I going with something from the dollar value menu, or just share a happy meal?

:lol:

Thanks for the well wishes, gents.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:04 pm

'92, here's the plan. Order from the McD dollar menu. You and the wife then eat most of the meal. Find something nasty on the floor and place in the remaining food, take it up front and complain. Get dollar(s!) back. Head to Dairy Queen and share a banana split.

I can guarantee that when you two get home after that sublime experience she will chase you around the house until she catches you. 8-)

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 am

I was on my way upstate to a cabin yesterday and one guy on ESPN was talking PSU. He said that ad he was watching the game last week there was a certain lineman who would get into their stance prior to the ball being snapped. This lineman stance told the guy if PSU was running the ball or going to pass. He said he knew exactly what was coming. This is huge because the LB knew how to play defense better. I hope our ciaches know that people are noticing this.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:54 am

Jerry Garcia wrote:'92, here's the plan. Order from the McD dollar menu. You and the wife then eat most of the meal. Find something nasty on the floor and place in the remaining food, take it up front and complain. Get dollar(s!) back. Head to Dairy Queen and share a banana split.

I can guarantee that when you two get home after that sublime experience she will chase you around the house until she catches you. 8-)

Machiavellian. I love it.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:31 pm

I read the same thing wrt a lineman tipping plays, I'd be interested as to who it is. You would think a tackle but I think it may be Gonz as he seems to be having problems all yr long and Bates was playing well before he got hurt. I believe it was Jonathan Vilma who said this, havent seen anything else about it though.