2017 Team Thread

We Are...2

Re: 2017 Team Thread

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am

Not that there is much relevance for this - other than it is hilarious. What is funnier than the bit on Game day is the fact that so many thought it was Franklin himself... :roll:

Keegan Michael Key doing Franklin on Game Day Live:

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootba ... iver_index
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Not a huge fan of ESPN, however, this is a pretty well written article on Barkley:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... est-player

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Moved up to number 3.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Awesome!

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 am

Spent a long weekend in the woods and just watched the replay at 3 a.m. this morning. I can't disagree with the post-NW consensus: OL is disappointing, RPO running game is weak, D is awesome, FG team will hurt us if not improved. Not sure if there were any posts about Trace, but he was dead solid perfect against a clueless secondary.

Northwestern is a weak sister. Even at 11 in the morning at home, they're bottom-half BiG, at least the 2017 version is. I think the national reluctance to include us in the very top tier is more than justified, despite having the hype of a Heisman frontrunner on the roster. Per our pre-nup I watch Alabama football nearly every weekend (just kidding about the pre-nup, but not about seeing the Tide). Saw them in person a few weeks ago against Colo St. I see more of Auburn than I care to, but they and Georgia, in addition to Alabama, are very serious football teams this year. We know Clemson is very, very good. In my opinion, our team speed matches up pretty well with all these teams except maybe the Top 2 - and even those two would have their hands full against us. But right now our O-Line would get eaten up, digested, pooped, and used for fertilizer against the four teams I've mentioned.

I think we can beat Michigan, in fact, I'll be surprised if we don't. OSU, though, is setting up to be...well, not good. Not really worried (yet) about MSU. I think we're a one-loss team, which might be good enough to get into the dance. Who knows, maybe by then Limegrover might have more OL answers than questions.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am

I just saw a stat that PSU has allowed 9 punt return yards through the first 6 games. 9. That's just crazy. Like I said in another post, Gillikin has swung the field position game big time for this team. Most don't appreciate how huge that is.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:08 pm

I just got word that Texas A&M is going to make a run at Franklin, if Aggies part way with Sumlin...

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootba ... iver_index

MY note: I think this has about as much validity as myself being considered for the job at Texas A&M... :roll:

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm

The only thing A&M has over Penn State is warm weather. It's a second tier job. Penn State, for all our faults, is a first tier job.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Shane

Postby Shane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Didn't Franklin's name come up with Miami last year or the year before? I remember him not being too happy about it talking about it during a media Tuesday. I could have the wrong team, but pretty sure this isn't the first time his name has been brought up. And I agree, not much more of a chance that he takes the job than myself.

ShoreLion

Postby ShoreLion » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:00 pm

This is somebody something just trying to create a distraction. I'm so sick of "(insert whatever news media here has learned)". He loves PSU, he's from PA, he wants to be here and he wants to be in college football,not the pros. I saw some saying he would take the job to get to the NFL which is just beyond stupid for a myriad of reasons. He's not going anywhere. But all it takes is one place to post something and then it goes crazy. That's "journalism" these days. See something someone else wrote and re-post it. So lazy.