2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

sameoldlama

2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 pm

With football over for everyone but grower and Crowbar let's extend the season by speculating on the upcoming draft and who will be drafted / go FA and where they might land.

Here are some of guys I see in the mix

Offense
Barkley, Gesiski, Hamilton, Bates

Defense
Allen, Campbell, Haley, Cabinda

Anyone foresee any others getting a look?
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Re: 2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm

On offense I'd think DeAndre Thompkins gets a look. If he has a good combine he could be a later round pick or maybe an FA pick up post-draft.

Does Apke get a look? I'd think he at least gets into a spring camp.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Am I mistaken - thought Thompkins was back?

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:11 pm

I think Apke gets a look because of how he played in his senior bowl (whichever one it was, he was defensive MVP). Also, I can see Saed Blacknall definitely getting into someone's camp.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Thompkins is back, was just a junior this past year.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:27 pm

For some reason I had it my head that Thompkins was a senior. I apparently was mistaken.

Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Blacknall is an interesting guy - he seems to have the body type you want and when he gets ball he seems like he can get RAC and is tough to bring down but then you look at his numbers and the production just isn't there. To be honest I thought he was going to have a break out year last year - just never happened.

Apke I just wonder if it is a case of a little too small and a little too slow - he will have to show he can contribute on special teams IMO. I did see blurbs that Hamilton also had a very good Senior Bowl and upped his stock.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 am

sameoldlama wrote:Blacknall is an interesting guy - he seems to have the body type you want and when he gets ball he seems like he can get RAC and is tough to bring down but then you look at his numbers and the production just isn't there. To be honest I thought he was going to have a break out year last year - just never happened.

Apke I just wonder if it is a case of a little too small and a little too slow - he will have to show he can contribute on special teams IMO. I did see blurbs that Hamilton also had a very good Senior Bowl and upped his stock.

Blacknall didn't see the field all that much in my memory.

Apke is a nice story, wide received converted to DB. He really came on strong as this last season played out and the comments about his all star game are spot on. Hope he gets a shot with someone. EVEN CLEVELAND and that is tough to type. All these buckeye fans hating on Barkley now desperately want him in Cleveland. Oh, I wish I was in the land of Quakers, PA.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:20 pm

sameoldlama wrote:With football over for everyone but grower and Crowbar let's extend the season by speculating on the upcoming draft and who will be drafted / go FA and where they might land.

Here are some of guys I see in the mix

Offense
Barkley, Gesiski, Hamilton, Bates

Defense
Allen, Campbell, Haley, Cabinda

Anyone foresee any others getting a look?

:mrgreen:

Headed into the city tomorrow for the big parade. We are all still on cloud 9. :mrgreen:

Maybe Howie can continue to work his magic and swindle the Browns out of their #1 pick again. And subsequently draft Saquon Barkley. I would go into orbit if that happened.
41-33.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 am

I will be the first to admit I didn't even come close to seeing the Eagles win SB at beginning of season - I thought they would improve on last year an be around .500. I actually told gang at bar I watch games that I hoped Eagles tanked this year and would have a high enough pick to get Barkley (instead the Giants did that).
I'm not up on all the contract situations of the Eagles but they look built to have a good 5 year run at making deep post season runs. As far as their draft I think they should go depth for OL, CBs, and edge rushers.

As far as Barkley - I think he should skip combine - I don't see him having anything to prove or gain. He should just hold private WO at PSU with teams picking Top 1-8.