2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

Blue&White

Re: 2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 am

I'd be surprised if SB does the combine. No upside for him. It's more common for guys that are a lock for the top of the draft to just to private workouts.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Counter point - he could set every combine record ever for a RB. Won't help his stock much, but will add to his legend :)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:42 am

I was just reading some Giants forums and a bunch of random people posting in the internet have convinced me that the Giants may actually take Barkley. Now I believe that is exactly what is going to happen and any other outcome is going to be a crushing disappointment.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:47 am

Please don't take Barley because I would be rooting that the Eagles break his face 2 times a year. I don't want to have to do that.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:23 am

PSUgrower wrote:Please don't take Barley because I would be rooting that the Eagles break his face 2 times a year. I don't want to have to do that.

Me too.

However, that would be better than seeing his career go up in smoke in Cleveland.
41-33.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Me 3, I won't be able to take Saquon going to the Gints, see going to the Browns with the 4th pick after they pick a QB with their first pick.
Eagles have either 19 or 20 of 22 starters signed through next yr with a bunch more signed through 2019, if all goes well(Wentz) and they draft well and hit on FA like they did this yr, they should be competitive for the foreseeable future.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 pm

My feeling about SB is I want him to succeed in the NFL. That won't happen in Cleveland. No one succeeds there. Hence, 1 win over 2 years for the Browns.

If he goes to East Rutherford at least he'll have the opportunity to blossom into a great NFL back. Compared to the Browns, the Giants are a well oiled machine (though that's not saying much).

I agree the Eagles future looks bright for the next 8-10 years!
41-33.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:01 pm

So, Barkley's performance obviously has been talked about everywhere. Bit surprised to see that people here havent been raving about Gisecki's combine. He absolutely killed it, showing blazing speed, a ridiculous vertical and pretty good strength. Given what I have seen from him over the last few years, I think he should go early day two and perhaps even sneak into round one. He is a match-up nightmare and his hands have become velcro somehow. He will be a good pro.

Also, Apke ran a 4.35 40 today. So, he could beat Saquon in a sprint. Who knew!?!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Bit surprised to see that people here havent been raving about Gisecki's combine.

I was very pleased to read about how well he did in the combine and I hope he is no worse than a 2nd round pick. I think he's a great talent and, if he can stay healthy, will have a solid career in the NFL. I haven't been focused on it because, well, the Giants drafted a TE with a high round pick last year so there is no way he's a Giant.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:41 pm

It's easy to focus our attention on SB because you know he's going Top 3-4 picks so you can really speculate where he is going. With the other guys going later rounds it is a who knows type thing.

For Gesicki and Hamilton you'd like to see them go to a "good situation" - a good franchise with a good QB either in his prime or one who is on rise. Be nice to see those guys land in say SF, Houston, TN - teams that need some pass targets but also look like teams that have the next wave top QBs and could be break through playoff teams.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall