2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

sameoldlama

Re: 2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:53 pm

After posting this I saw two headline articles - one about Apke's time stunning Deion Sanders and another about how Penn Staters were killing th combine - so kudos to the coaching and strength and conditioning coaches who help prep these guys and hooray for some great recruiting press for the Lions.

And that is why we all have a vested interest in SB in the pros - he is the most hyped guy coming into the draft - if he fulfills the dream that is recruiting gold for Penn State.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Are you saying this is Apke's theme song?

Good for him, though. Seems he had a great combine. I would have thought he's going to be an undrafted FA but this may get someone to take him as a possible ST guy.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm

247 summary of Gisecki performance:

Barkley wasn’t the only Penn State athlete to test well. Gesicki, at 6-foot-5, 247 pounds, dominated tight end testing. He ran the fastest 40-yard dash (4.54 seconds), had the second-most reps on the bench press (22), posted the longest broad jump (129 inches), the fastest 3-cone drill, 20-yard shuttle and 60-yard shuttle time. Oh yeah, his 41.5-inch vertical leap was tops among all players at the combine.

For perspective, only two players at least year's NBA Combine had a higher vertical leap than that.

He is going day two for sure. He's a potentially dominant player in the making. In this league, somebody will go get him. I was surprised I didnt see him talked about more as a day one guy. He has NFL written all over him.

On Apke, apparently there has only been one DB ever who ran a 4.35 or better 40 and didnt get drafted. So, pretty good chance somebody takes a shot with him late on the final day.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:31 am

It may have been posted elsewhere, but Apke was also the defensive MVP of whatever all star game he participated in after the season. I do believe he's worked himself in to being drafted.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 am

If he's that fast and can tackle on special teams he could last a while. I can't believe I'm going to reference a Cowboy but I see him sort of like a Bill Bates.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:43 pm

He's going to land with the Patriots and be a special teams all pro and have a SB ring within 3 years :lol:

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:35 am

I saw a story where an unnamed NFL assistant coach said that he'd "punch myself in the nuts many times to be able to draft Barkley". Now that's commitment! :shock:

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Does anyone else think we need a "I'd hit myself in the nuts multiple times to be able to......" thread? It could rival the You Know You're in a Bad Bowl When thread

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:57 am

sameoldlama wrote:Does anyone else think we need a "I'd hit myself in the nuts multiple times to be able to......" thread? It could rival the You Know You're in a Bad Bowl When thread

Well no, I don't think we need one. I can't think of a single thing I need that desperately that I'd resort to beating up the boys. But feel free to share your thoughts on the matter :D

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:00 am

yeah, I think that's a pretty short thread. The only thing I can think of that maybe makes that list is a night with early 90s Pamela Anderson, but beating up the boys kind of kills that whole thing sooo .....
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?