2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

sameoldlama

Re: 2018 NFL Draft - PSU Players

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 am

Well I was thinking it would be more satirical than literal ..... I'm thinking Dad and B&W would punch themselves in the nuts for the Coen Bros to make a sequel of The Big Lewboski ....... satirical, joking .... you know.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am

Ohhhhh, well that's different!

Like I'd punch myself in the nuts repeatedly to see the Orioles actually make it back to the World Series in my lifetime.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:44 am

The Browns made a deal for Tyrod Taylor. Arguably not a franchise quarterback, but a stable one with experience. I wonder if they are planning to take Saquon first now?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:49 am

I think Taylor only has a year left on his deal so they are signing him as a placeholder. If Browns go Barkley #1 they get QB choice 3. Either Giants take one at 2 and someone moves up to 3 or Giants trade down and you have two teams trade up for QBs at 2 and 3. If Browns take Barkley Giants have many options at 2.

But Giants may have more pressing matters - video out of OBJ's off season workout program which apparently consists of laying around in bed with random chick eating pepperoni pizza and what appears to be him smoking a blunt and her doing coke. She was good enough to upload video to social media.

So the POTUS and ODJ may want to get together and brainstorm on how to make better relationship decisions.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:57 am

I'm convinced that Barkley is going to the Browns with the first pick. There is no big stand out QB and getting their 2nd pick may not be a big deal. The Colts aren't taking a QB so the worst case for them is the Giants take their #1 ranked QB and they go with #2. But, is there really a difference between any of the top QBs in this draft? They all seem like potential busts.

As for Beckham, he's a freaking moron but I don't think his behavior is unique to NFL players. I suspect he was doing this back when he was in top form, too. And, if we're going to stop signing athletes who smoke a blunt and date a girl who does blow, then sports is going to come to a crashing end within a year.

Put another way - you know why most large companies don't drug test potential new hires anymore? It's because if they do they won't have a work force and they know it. The prevailing attitude attitude is "keep it to yourself, just leave it at home and don't let me know about it". Beckham certainly violated that mantra and will probably get fined or suspended for it, but it shouldn't change the opinion of him (that being is a great athlete and total idiot).
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 am

I just saw the OBJ video. Damn, talk about a guy who let fame get to his head. The guy certainly has a lot of talent. Just hope he doesn't blow it (no pun intended). However, I do agree with BW that is probably pretty common amongst pro athletes.

It'll be interesting to see what the NFL and the Giants do.
41-33.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:07 am

I'm sure a fair number of pro athletes smoke weed and even more take advantage of the easy access to women fame brings - and most of them are smart enough to realize memorializing it on video is a bad idea. Especially in last year of your contract.

As the saying goes - a $10MM dollar talent and a 10 cent head

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:51 am

He's no Joe Theisman or Norman Einstein, that's for sure.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Unfortunately the public is partly to blame. The way some in essence worship these people like they're Gods and find excuses for this type of behavior probably contributes to this. Hell, just like at college football recruiting and the star treatment these high school seniors get. And, yes, this includes PSU.

Anyone wanna bet if OBJ is (rightfully) disciplined by the NFL or Giants the NFL or Giants will be subjected to intense backlash from many?
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm

I doubt there will be a backlash. Players get suspended for smoking pot pretty frequently and no one says "boo" about it. The rules, and cause-and-effect impacts are well known. If the Giants start the season without Odell Beckham jr. because he's suspended over this, then I blame Odell Beckham jr. for it. Not the Giants and not the NFL.

I also think they pretty much have to suspend him a game or two. Given how quickly they suspend other players, how can they not?