Barkley

PSUgrower

Re: Barkley

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am

my point is that you have to draft a QB with the first few picks in order to get one that will pan out. Most of the busts were guys drafted after the first few picks. The Giants will possibly get one shot drafting a QB this high in the coming years.
https://pro32.ap.org/article/list-qbs-selected-first-round-nfl-draft-2000 This is interesting

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:48 am

We all have to be realists when it comes to our jobs. We all have to be realists when it comes to making decisions that impact our families / loved ones. We all had to be realists when we stepped into a voting booth and our choices were Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, a random idiot and communist.

We don't have to realists when it comes to our sports fandom - that's our escape from never ending realism.

#26 to NYG
#26 to NYG
#26 to NYG
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 am

It is interesting. And it doesn't really support your point. And, how many successful QBs came in later rounds? Brady was late rounds. Romo was undrafted.

I don't buy the argument you have to draft a QB in the first 5 picks or you lose the chance for a good one. I do agree the Giants are likely to have a pick that high again in the near term.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:59 am

Here is a better breakdown:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/76ecbd/every_starting_quarterbacks_draft_position/

I have no clue where the Eagles would be if they did not draft up to get Carson Wentz. I think we would have been a Jeff Fisher team, btw, they means an 8-8 teams. But take your running back and see where he gets you in 3 years

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am

If Carson Wentz was available at number 2 this draft I think you take him in a heartbeat. I'm not sure there is a QB of that caliber in the pool this year.

I still think the Giants will trade the pick but the are reportedly bringing in a bunch of the QBs this week.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Agree, but I have no clue how these QBs compare to other years. I don't get to see them work out so who knows that this point

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:30 pm

I think that's fair. The giants may take a QB. Like I said, nothing will shock me. Eli isn't young and is at the end of his road. The Giants need to move on soon.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Barkley's gonna be a Giant. I feel it in my guts and bones. Gettlemen wants a hall of fame caliber player: Saquon Barkley's the only one who fits the mold.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/BigTenNetwor ... 68/video/1

Sorry if this was already posted.

I think he’s a Giant if he’s not a Brown. He’s EXACTLY the Giant type in terms of personality and talent. Somebody with the team described him as a perfect prospect. They’ll take him.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:34 am

Barkley is the kind of person that every NFL team wants to have, not just the Giants. He's a great player, he's humble and he comes across as a genuinely good person. He reminds me a lot of Posluszny in that they both played with top intensity and off the field they couldn't be better people.

The "near perfect prospect" comment was supposedly made by GM Dave Gettleman. And, that's what scares me about it. GMs don't usually show their cards. It makes me think they are not going to take him.

I want him to be a Giant. I really do. But, I have my doubts it will happen. We'll see. Maybe I just need to wish for it harder.

#26 to NYG
#26 to NYG
#26 to NYG