Barkley

hbendle

Re: Barkley

Postby hbendle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Almost makes you want to be a Giants fan.

...Nah.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:54 pm

My thoughts on the QB situation in the NFL, if your QB sucks then you clearly need to build a team through defense and running the ball. Trent Dilfer was not very good but he managed not to lose. Aaron Rodgers is great so he needs weapons around him for the most part. I blame a chunk of the QB busts on coaches. I have to adjust how I teach something to 10 and 11 year old kids everyday. I think it is hilarious that these coaches struggle to adjust when they get a new QB

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:00 pm

Hey Grower

I need your address. I'm ordering one of these for you. Just PM me where it needs to go. You a L or XL?

Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 pm

sameoldlama wrote:FWIW - wild guess landing spots for other PSUs guys likely to get drafted / FA

Gesicki - Ravens, Dolphins, 49ers
Hamilton - Jags, Redskins, Bills
Allen - Chiefs, Steelers, Seahawks
Cabinda - Jets, Eagles, Titans
Campbell - Bucs, Packers, Bengals
Apke- Patriots, Chargers, Saints
Cotheren 1 & 2 - Panthers, Giants, Cardinals

These are complete out my butt guesses but this should be the most interesting draft for Penn Staters in years.

Gesicki to Phins makes me 2 for 2. And note Ravens took TE in 1st.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:40 pm

There goes my streak - Hamilton to Broncos, Apke to Redskins

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Saquon, Haley and Apke are all dead to me, you're the enemy now I'm sorry. Go Birds

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:06 pm

I still root for Sean Lee despite him playing for the evil empire. Can never root against former PSU alums. Just can't.

A lot of guys still moaning about RB going 2nd overall. They'll do it until the first time Barkley makes a game changing play, then the draft will be forgotten. Regardless of the place he was picked, I believe he'll be a great player.

Re: the big 5 QB's - DG has stated emphatically that Eli's his guy, at least for this year. No reason the Giants can't trade up next year or the year after to pick a stud. Or they could pick a reach to compete with Webb for the chance to be the Giants' future starting QB. Which they did, with the kid from Richmond. Competition is a good thing...and that follows a mold that NE has used to great success for many years now.

So many variables go into each year's draft, I'm not going to worry w/ radio jocks and armchair QB's have to say. Saquon, beyond my wildest hope, is a NY Giant.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:32 pm

I agree. Especially given some of the questions on all these QBs. If you had a guy who seemed like a sure thing it would be one thing. But, all these QBs have questions around them. Who knows if any of them were worth the pick. The Giants obviously didn't thinks so. Gettleman flat out said they didn't think any of these QBs were complete enough to draft. I doubt he started to downgrade QBs to justify the pick for Barkley. I think he picked Barkley because they downgraded all the QBs and he was the best player on the board that filled a hole in their roster.

I hope we get to see some of Webb this year. I hope he gets to mop up in the 4th with the Giants up by several TDs and Webb gets to take the field and we see what he has. They really screwed up throwing Geno Smith in as QB instead of Webb. That was moronic. I guess McAdoof thought it was the only way to save his job. That's why he had to go.

92 - you going to get a Barkley Giants jersey or shirt? I think I'm going to get a t-shirt with his name and number but not a jersey.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:15 pm

Blue&White wrote:Hey Grower

I need your address. I'm ordering one of these for you. Just PM me where it needs to go. You a L or XL?

Here is my address- Go into your bathroom. Look in the mirror. Turn around and bend over. You'll find my address when you look back in the mirror :D

It still baffles me that NYG did not play Webb last year when they started Gino instead. But hey, you don't hear me complaining about the dysfunctional Giants team. Enjoy boys!

Ben McAdoo looks like the dad who joins his son's karate class after watching their first practice and getting inspired

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 am

You can't let the blackness that fills your heart that comes with being an Eagles fan override your PSU loyalties. The high profile Barkley had throughout this draft process gave PSU a mountain of recruiting publicity - his success can only add to that. I can't count how many Penn State haters want to see him struggle like Enis, Carter, Thomas so they can continue the PSU RB "bust" myth. Barkley in NY is the biggest spotlight a PSU draftee has received since Carter or Brown / Arrington. Penn Staters have a vested interest in him succeeding.

Post draft weekend jersey sales for Barkley broke the draft / rookie record. The Giants fan base is jacked, NYG players got the - GM wants to win now message and they are jacked, SB is getting as much coverage as the QBs. This can be big for PSU.

Aside from that - Eagles fans should welcome a return to prominence by the NYG - what makes a rivalry exciting - both teams being good and something being on the line when they meet. I know I want PSU rivals like OSU, UM, UW etc. to win their OOC and bowl games. It's good for the conference and makes for a more meaningful game when PSU plays them.