Barkley

Blue&White

Re: Barkley

Postby Blue&White » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:01 am

Was reading some of the comments from Giants GM Dave Gettleman. He said they didn't really believe in any of the QBs and thought Barkley was, by far, the best player on the board.

Btw, go check out Rosen's comments after he was picked by Arizona. He better hope he can live up to his big mouth.

Finally, does anyone else think the Browns blew it? I do.
Hire Alex Cora

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am

Blue&White wrote:Was reading some of the comments from Giants GM Dave Gettleman. He said they didn't really believe in any of the QBs and thought Barkley was, by far, the best player on the board.

Btw, go check out Rosen's comments after he was picked by Arizona. He better hope he can live up to his big mouth.

Finally, does anyone else think the Browns blew it? I do.

Not sure if they blew it, but I believe Mayfield is looking for the nearest bridge. I just watched video of a browns official calling to inform Mayfield he was about to become cleveland's first pick. Mayfield sounded like someone who was just told he has two months to live.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:49 am

Hey, where is my fellow Giants fan, Lama? It's his time to gloat.
Hire Alex Cora

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:35 am

PSUgrower wrote:Great for Barkley but I want his legs broken twice a year. Enjoy the bottom of the NFC the next few years

Stay classy Philly.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:44 am

Hopefully this cements my status as either a visionary or a stubborn old fool who can will something into being. :mrgreen:

THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!!!

IMO NYG are the big winners in Round 1

1. Barkley clearly got his desired destination - don't think anyone is more excited about team that chose him
2. NYG GM stated Barkley was the guy they wanted and they had pick in in 30 seconds - NFL made them wait to announce to "build drama" - i.e. fill time for more commercials
3. With the FA OL acquisitions, WRs getting healthy I think Barkley has best chance to make immediate impact to team's W-L record
4. Living in LVL I can tell you the NYG fan base also got the guy they wanted (outside us PSU people) - the NYG fans in my gym & work all wanted Barkley - I watched at a bar and NYG fans were most represented. They got anxious when Browns went Mayfield. When they delayed pick I thought they may be trying to trade down. When they announce the pick the Giants fans jumped out their chairs high fiving.

Unlike the QB and some other picks NYG fans are holding their breath hoping it works out - they are jumping for joy and chomping at the bit for the season to start.

Mark it - if the NYG can find some value in an OL and DL in next couple rounds and they stay healthy (and OBJ stays sane) they will have most improved record and get to playoffs.

grower - you may get a consolation prize - with Ravens taking TE Gesecki may fall to Eagles.

#26 is a NYG
#26 is a NYG
#26 is a NYG
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 am

We are just honest people. It has nothing to do with class and I clearly don't want his legs to be broken (maybe). Football is violent and I hate the other team. As you know, I am a throw back kind of guy. I don't want to beat the other team I want to crush them. I blame it on the Eagles of the late 80's.

Btw, I was listening to some radio personality who loves the Giant's and he is all angry they took Barkley. He knows the Giants have a lot more needs than just a running back. And... I cannot wait to see Eli play this year. He is 37 and no Tom Brady. Hey, at least the Giant got 2 Superbowl rings so they are good for the next 20 years.

As for the QB- Mayfield is a crazy competitive dude. I think the most important attribute of any QB is their work ethic. That is where Mayfield might excel and Darnold might struggle. I am not sold on Darnold's work ethic. As for Rosen, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He yips a big game but I don't see him being a solid starter. I like Josh Allen but I have no clue on his work ethic. He is a bit inaccurate so that will be a problem but has a cannon. I have said this for year, he should take 3-4 tires and hang them in a tree. Buy 100 footballs and hire someone to hike the ball to him every day. IMO, accuracy is repetition that can be worked on. The Louisville kid went to a great place since he won't be pushed to start for at least a year or 2 year but who knows.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:03 am

sameoldlama wrote:Hopefully this cements my status as either a visionary or a stubborn old fool who can will something into being. :mrgreen:

THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!!!

IMO NYG are the big winners in Round 1

1. Barkley clearly got his desired destination - don't think anyone is more excited about team that chose him
2. NYG GM stated Barkley was the guy they wanted and they had pick in in 30 seconds - NFL made them wait to announce to "build drama" - i.e. fill time for more commercials
3. With the FA OL acquisitions, WRs getting healthy I think Barkley has best chance to make immediate impact to team's W-L record
4. Living in LVL I can tell you the NYG fan base also got the guy they wanted (outside us PSU people) - the NYG fans in my gym & work all wanted Barkley - I watched at a bar and NYG fans were most represented. They got anxious when Browns went Mayfield. When they delayed pick I thought they may be trying to trade down. When they announce the pick the Giants fans jumped out their chairs high fiving.

Unlike the QB and some other picks NYG fans are holding their breath hoping it works out - they are jumping for joy and chomping at the bit for the season to start.

Mark it - if the NYG can find some value in an OL and DL in next couple rounds and they stay healthy (and OBJ stays sane) they will have most improved record and get to playoffs.

grower - you may get a consolation prize - with Ravens taking TE Gesecki may fall to Eagles.

#26 is a NYG
#26 is a NYG
#26 is a NYG

I don't think we need Gesicki in the 2nd round. Ertz is a beast but we lost 2 TEs in the offseason. I wouldn't be irritated at the pic but I think we can get a TE later in the draft. I would like to see a safety or LB taken. Tommy boy picked us apart in the Superbowl. We'll have a cornerback possibly starting this year that we drafted last year and didn't play because he torn his knee up.

I was ticked that NE took Sony Michel because that is who I wanted at 31. It was not a surprise when they Eagles traded their 32nd pick for more picks.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:15 am

So a NY sports radio personality thinks:

The NYG picking a kid who was rated as best player in draft at position of need in their own draft spot (not a trade up) is stupid?

How did he feel about the NYJ trading up 3 spots for a King's ransom for a guy who would have been there in their original spot?

Methinks the radio personality is just talking Emmert for the sake of talking Emmert.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:28 am

The Radio personality had nothing bad to say about Barkley at all. In fact, he completely understood why they took barkley. He was angry that they could have gotten more draft picks or possibly taken Darnold. I am not a fan of Darnold so I would have wanted more picks. Again, it is just my analysis. I have no problems with the Giants taking Barkley- he was the best person available. Zeke Elliot was drafted #4 because the Cowboys had a crazy OL. Anyone know what the giants think about Webb?

I wonder if Allen's tweet's when he was in high school scared away any NFL teams? Apparently, he tweeted a few racial slurs.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:56 am

Webb's an unknown quantity - the worst thing McAdoo did to the franchise is roll out Geno Smith during Eli's benching. Would've known a lot more about Webb had he played. That said, he's got a good arm, can make all of the throws. He played RPO in college (TxTech and, uh, Cal, I think), so they were starting from scratch basically under center. He's supposedly a tireless worker, studies the playbook religiously, and, per Dave Gettlemen, follows Eli around like a puppy dog.

He was a third round pick last year of Jerry Reese. Many speculated he would've lasted as far as the 5th round.

As for this QB crop, color me not impressed. All five of the top QBs this year have their warts: Darnold's small hands and turnovers, Rosen's cockiness and concussions, Mayfield's mouth and his height, Josh Allen's inaccuracy and his tweets as a youngster and Lamar's inefficiency against superior competition. I actually saw a lot of Lamar Jackson. Couldn't make the plays to win the big games.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.