Politics

psu_dad

Re: Politics

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:09 pm

GH Bush was a 1 term president and the economy collapsed on his watch.

Clinton's campaign staff had a mantra they were constantly reciting if/when they thought the campaign's message was straying: "It's the economy, stupid".

If the economy is humming along come November 2020, Trump will get 4 more years.

I tend to agree. There are many ideologues (in the media, academia, etc.) who will vigorously oppose his re-election regardless of the economy. But I think most voters are pragmatists and will see no point in "rocking the boat" if the economy is sound.

I'm just not convinced he wants 4 more years. I could totally see him "declaring victory" and walking away.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 pm

I thought for sure he'd be done after 1 term but I'm less convinced lately. I guess we will find out.

I think November will be telling. If the Republicans get wiped out that may prompt him to call it quits. I don't think his ego could survive the possibility of an electoral defeat.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 pm

I'm pretty sure his wife would prefer a raging case of herpes to 4 more years. Whether that's a factor is anyone's guess.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:24 pm

So, yesterday Trump gave an interview to a Murdoch owned paper in which he criticized Theresa May. The Sun lead with that story and i believe released the audio of the interview.

Today Trump called the story "fake news" and said he never said the things he is on tape saying.

I wish I had balls that big.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Actually, no. He said the Sun newspaper article about his criticism of Theresa May's Brexit plans was "generally fine", but that it ignored his positive comments about the PM. And he attributed the decision to focus on the negative aspects of his meeting with the PM to "fake news". They did a joint press conference afterwards. If she was PO'd with him, she did a masterful job of hiding it.

But the MSM take on this is more dramatic, so let's go with that.

-----------------------

He's not a politician. He's blunt to the point of rudeness. He's spent a life time telling people what to do with the expectation that they will do it "or else". Not great training for a politician.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Sometimes when I'm stressed for work I take Nyquil to help me sleep - in addition to some really good sleep I have visions - that's how I knew Barkley was going to NYG.

Forget the Trump hat for 2020 - the Fulfillment of The Five Signs of the Prophecy - will occur a five month period

1. Diamondbacks will win the WS
2. Trump will win re-election
3. PSU will win NC
4. NYG will win SB
5. I will retire to the high desert
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Blue&White wrote:So, yesterday Trump gave an interview to a Murdoch owned paper in which he criticized Theresa May. The Sun lead with that story and i believe released the audio of the interview.

Today Trump called the story "fake news" and said he never said the things he is on tape saying.

I wish I had balls that big.

I'm surprised Strzok or Donald Trump can put pants on - you'd think just about half of DC should be walking around in kilts

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Strzok is wasting his talents at the FBI. He's Congressional material. I loved his response to the message exchange that occurred between him and the FBI co-worker (Lisa Page) that he was boinking, presumably with his wife's permission:

PAGE: Mr Trump is not ever going to become president, right? Right?!
STRZOK: No. We'll stop it.

And he was outraged that this could be interpreted as an indication of bias. :lol:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:10 pm

Actually, no. He said the Sun newspaper article about his criticism of Theresa May's Brexit plans was "generally fine", but that it ignored his positive comments about the PM. And he attributed the decision to focus on the negative aspects of his meeting with the PM to "fake news".

How is acurately reporting his comments "fake news"? Nothing about it was fake. He doesn't want it reported, don't say it.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:11 pm

I dated a girl while she was getting he PhD in Psychology and I also like watching crime documentaries.

When DT lies it's what you'd expect from a 5 year old.

What I saw out Strzok is normally reserved for serial killers.

Unless he has an "insurance policy" that would prove too embarrassing the FBI should distance themselves from him - Democrats hitching their wagon to this guy and saying he should get the Purple Heart are insane.

And the thing is - just because you had an agent who was clearly biased against DT and pro HRC - and acted on it - doesn't mean DT didn't do something wrong - it just means Strzok is an unethical, dirty agent. However if you defend him, you lose credibility for your case against DT.