College Sports Scandals

PSUgrower

Re: College Sports Scandals

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:03 pm

This whole Michigan State, larry Nasser story shows the hypocrisy of the NCAA. From what I read some can argue that MSU completely enabled Nassar to get away with molesting these individuals. PSU's situation had 4 people who screwed the pooch by not doing more. Some can argue, like I have, that Paterno did what he was supposed to do when he told his superiors about the situation. But people at MSU were repeatedly told by victims that Nassar was molesting them and those victims were told to be quiet. Where is the NCAA in this situation? I loathe the NCAA but once again the MSU story shows the witch hunt that happened to Paterno and PSU.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:38 pm

No wonder Clemson has been so dominant.

https://www.postandcourier.com/columnis ... 4d1b2.html
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Move on, nothing to see here. They just tested the wrong ones randomly. I'm sure everyone else is clean and Clemson doesn't support PED' s nor do they have a higher percentage of users than say Alabama. And even though a high percentage failed there is no reason to increase the sampling. :lol: :roll:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 pm

The absolute best part of that article is Dexter Lawrence's response to his positive test for a banned, illegal substance:

“I don’t know where it came from,” he said. “I don’t know how it got there.”

Sounds reasonable.
Is it baseball season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:15 pm

In his defense, with the MLB HoF selectors coming out last week, that excuse has probably gotten a little bit of airtime, s it’s a reasonable thing to expect to hear.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:57 pm

Did you guys see the OTL report on MSU that came out? It looks like this failure to action and/or report sex crimes was university wide, not just limited to areas Nassau had a role in.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25885611/us-department-education-cites-michigan-state-university-clery-act-violations-espn-lines

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Absolute bullshit that the NCAA is letting Field play for OSU. I am guessing this will set a precedence for other athletes who get called names and want to switch colleges

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Absolute bullshit that the NCAA is letting Field play for OSU. I am guessing this will set a precedence for other athletes who get called names and want to switch colleges

Completely agree. And, he didn't even know about this until after the fact. I'm not even sure that's really why he left. I mean, why even have these rules anymore?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm

I suspect this was a pragmatic decision - if Fields was going to assert he was transferring due to race incident and NCAA fought they would get roasted in the press - and the basic unfairness of their "sit out a year" policy would possibly be challenged.

The NCAA is in full back pedal mode - the fact they are the #1 entity exploiting athletes is getting exposed and it's a matter of time before they lose a significant measure of their control over college athletics. So their focus isn't on integrity or fairness - not even for show - it's about grabbing cash for whatever time is left to grab cash.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Maybe.

And, to be honest, I don't think the "sit out a year" rule is inherently unfair. What I do think is unfair is the selective enforcement of it.