Starting Over

Nat@PSU

Re: Starting Over

Postby Nat@PSU » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Appoo. We need him back. This type of Penn State team is exactly what he was designed for.

I move to make a motion that we start a "Bring Back Appoo" campaign. And I nominate Chris as the chair of the committee.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Dad has to be co-chair and in charge of outreach.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:03 pm

here here

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 am

In my capacity as co-chair, I'm assigning Nat and B&W to do the actual work. And we're putting new cover sheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 am

psu_dad wrote:In my capacity as co-chair, I'm assigning Nat and B&W to do the actual work. And we're putting new cover sheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great.

I think you've got great management potential. I'm guessing the two Bob's would agree.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:38 am

With the Bills leading the AFC East and the Trump administration in place appoo would be putting up Barkley-like posting stats.

Whatever happened to JC in Virginia?
What caused psuro's storm out?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:05 pm

JC just stopped posting at some point. I'm not sure why. I actually keep in touch with him and talk to him fairly often. He just stopped having time. I know he reads from time to time.

psuro is another guy I've kept in touch with although it's been a while since I've heard from him. He stopped posting after a job that he had blocked the site. Once he couldn't get on, he just left. It wasn't a storm out. He just got blocked at work and stopped posting.

Appoo was a funny one. He threatened to leave for years. He left, came back, left again, came back again. Then one day, for no reason at all, he stopped coming. There was no incident, no blow up, he just vanished. It was just before the Pats-Colts game where the whole Ballghazi fiasco kicked off. I remember that because I kept expecting him to come on and start ranting about Belichick and the Patriots. But, it just never happened. He never came back. No idea why. Not with a bang, or even a whimper.

Carl Spackler still hasn't made an appearance since the reboot. No idea why that is either. I wish I had a way to reach out to him. I have a feeling in his case it's more of a technical issue. Maybe he didn't realize he needs to reregister with a slightly different name? I'm just guessing.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Get JC and psuro back - both were pretty reasonable guys with good insights on the football and general discussion topics.

appoo was just pure entertainment - one emotional dude.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 pm

I miss PSUBob. As well as OldLioness. I saw Psuro with OL a couple years ago at a game. He did mention that he would just get really upset at some of the non-football topics but I don't think that alone would keep him away. And going way back, I wonder whatever happened to Uconn(UM)faninPa. As far as I know, he just sort of disappeared as well.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 pm

So, I'm trying to figure out who didn't make it back since the big reboot. I can only come up with two missing names: Carl Spackler and Southernlion

Southern had sort of vanished before the old board crashed due to his move to Mississippi and his becoming a slum lord. Not sure what happened to Carl or how to get him back.

Anyone else we are missing?

Sorry to disappoint but I’m not appoo. I could fake it though – Trump sucks!! But Hillary won the popular vote!! Hooray for Antifa!! (excuse me while I wash my mouth out with hydrochloric acid – guess I can’t fake it).

Anyhow I mused that if gmay could reincarnate and lama can continue with his cosmetic moniker evolution, I could go whole-hog rebirth, even if JG was a hopeless (and dead) junkie. But nobody in all of hippiedom picked a Fender strat sweeter than ol’ Jer so what the hey. Besides, as I recall I wasn’t even the original SouthernLion, leaving someone the future option of SL 3.0.

I’m thankfully about finished with the slumlord adventure, having gotten the buy-off from owners Mrs JG (haha, sounds funny to me now) and my BiL to liquidate the portfolio. With the proceeds I might be able to treat the entire NF board to a prime rib dinner – petite only, don’t even consider the king-cut. But even that would be cutting it close. By the way, B&W, I don’t live in Mississippi for God’s sake. No one lives there. And following in Jerry Garcia’s apolitical footsteps, please install the Death Click option in case I’m ever tempted to open the Politics thread. No warnings. Just lots of voltage and amps, instant vaporization, Old Testament style. That would be much more humane than reading what I know is lurking in there.

One other thing (B&W) – I have contact info for Carl Spackler if you’re interested. Not certain it’s up-to-date, haven’t heard from him in a while.

Go Lions!