It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:45 pm Advanced search

Random Thoughts

Talk about everything and anything.

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby gmay10 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Side note: I FUCKEN HATE DEALING WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES!! Sorry for my language but I now have a reverse mohawk from pulling my hair out and one less eyeball

Continue
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby Blue&White » Sat May 20, 2017 2:17 pm

My oldest son got his learner's permit this morning.

That is probably the most stressful sentence I've ever typed.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat May 20, 2017 2:21 pm

gmay10 wrote:Side note: I FUCKEN HATE DEALING WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES!! Sorry for my language but I now have a reverse mohawk from pulling my hair out and one less eyeball

Continue

While in not quite the same expressions my pleasure in dealing with ins. companies is very low on the scale. Currently dealing with one but that could be said any day of any week of any year. Can you prove you don't have other insurance that might cover this claim? Was this treatment from a workplace accident or claim? This charge as a up yours-pay and doesn't count toward your deductible (which is headed toward the astronomical), nothing counts toward your deductible. I'll stop here, it goes on for six pages and its only May.
Carl Spackler

Postby gmay10 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:35 pm

You have to make 3 calls just to figure everything out. Call the doc's office, primary insurance and then secondary insurance only to figure out I have to call them all again. Ow well, it could be worse
#Wentz4president
gmay10

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun May 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Blue&White wrote:My oldest son got his learner's permit this morning.

That is probably the most stressful sentence I've ever typed.

I might need to take drivers ed again. Cut the grass this AM, damaged the hood of my JD when I ran into a fence pole. I meant to back away from the pole but stepped on the forward petal instead of reverse. I'm starting to worry. If my wife and kids find out, they might take away my drivers license. Aging is a bitch.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby psu_dad » Sun May 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Maybe when I get mine, I'll pass on the ice-cooler/beer-holder option. I don't want to run over the neighbor's cat. I don't particularly like cats, but my neighbors are nice, as cat people go.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm

No, you definitely should go for the ice cooler/beer holder option. Neighbors come, neighbors go. You might not like the new neighbors.
Yeah, well...you know...that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
PittGradPSUMad

Postby LioninVa » Mon May 22, 2017 10:11 am

I agree... Anytime there is an ice cooler and/or beer holder option, you have to take it!

Seriously, I don't know how many of you play or follow golf. My son got interested 4 or 5 years ago and now works part time at the Navy golf course here in Norfolk and plays on his high school team. I play with him, but am almost at the hack level, so it's more for fun than competition. Anyway, he has volunteered for the past 3 years as a standard bearer at the Kingsmill Championships on the LPGA tour. He has carried the name banner for Stacy Lewis and Morgan Pressel (and a few I never heard of) in the past. This Saturday he had Sei Young Kim (I hope I got that in the right order). She shot 5 or 6 under for the day and I could tell my son was enjoying being up close to watch a very well played round. He wanted to carry for her again Sunday, but he had a commitment in the evening and opted to go in the early morning instead. We are hoping that next year he can get into a group that contends on Sunday. The point I wanted to make before getting off on a tangent was that, across the board, the ladies are very classy and represent their tour very well. I can't compare it to the PGA, having not been there, but I have been very impressed with the time they take signing autographs and taking pictures.
LioninVa

Postby Blue&White » Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 am

That is very cool. It's great your son gets to do that.
#Cespedespaid!
Blue&White

Postby psu_dad » Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 am

I have little doubt the LPGA golfers are more fan friendly. They have to be. Their product, while very good IMO, is simply nowhere near as popular as the PGA's product. The PGA is a money-making machine. The Ryder Cup was in Boston several years ago and you either had to mortgage your home or murder someone to get a ticket.

The New England Revolution (soccer) team is more fan-friendly than the New England Patriots. They have to be. They don't have a bazillion people on their season ticket wait list.
Donald Trump is a douchebag.*

* In order to avoid confusion and remain compliant with the board's Fair & Balanced requirements, the above statement shall apply to any/all posts critical of any political or otherwise public figures.
psu_dad

PreviousNext

Return to Free for All