Nebraska Pregame

Crowbar

Nebraska Pregame

Postby Crowbar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 pm

The 2017 Nebraska team certainly does not conjure up images of the 1997 Nebraska team. How the mighty have fallen.

I won't call this a shoe in win, mostly because of their name. But PSU has all the intangibles here. Home game, 4:00 start, Senior Day and still the possibility of a great bowl game. Most importantly, the Nittany Lions are the better team with the better coach. That's too much for the Cornhuskers to overcome.

Penn State 48, Nebraska 20.

Blue&White

Re: Nebraska Pregame

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 pm

I miss when Nebraska was relevant. But, they are not. We crush them. I'm not even worried about it.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:15 pm

I worry about every BIG game. Every single one.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 am

Optimism abounds as the Mighty Lions head into Senior Day. All looks rosy as we play for a great Bowl game and celebrate the seniors with a crushing defeat of the Cornhuskers! It's Barkley's day to shine and I think we will see him get the ball in many, many, many ways!
Weather is not looking so good, 45 degrees and rain - however, nothing will damped the mood of this team as they dismantle Nebraska in route to a decisive victory!
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:54 am

Just spent a few minutes looking at the Huskers history wiki page. Wow, talk about a program that's lost its luster - maybe permanently. Unless you get a Saban-like guy to come there (and who is that?), I don't see how you rustle up the recruiting mojo necessary sustain 10/11 win seasons on a steady basis. "Come to Lincoln and play in the Big 10!" NOT. Too bad, actually. The BiG West needs another marquee name.

We win - 38-16.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am

Nebraska may also be down their starting QB as Tanner Lee is in the concussion protocol. This is a team coming off a drubbing by Minnesota, so not the news they were looking to receive.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 am

Nebraska is definitely having a forgettable season - if PSU can come out and give the a rap of the beak early I can see them packing it in and CJF getting the opportunity to let a lot of players get some game time.

Time to build a little end of season momentum to carry into the bowls. Speaking of which - given the events of the last year I expect this to be an epic "You know you're in a bad bowl when ......" thread this year.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:32 am

Projections have us facing Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl...
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

We Are...2 wrote:Projections have us facing Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl...

Others have PSU vs. Clemson in the Orange Bowl. That would be good but I'd love to play the Domers. It's been 10 years since the last time. Of course the first and only time PSU played Clemson was 30 years ago.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Citrus Bowl, I think.

Met Danny Ford many years later: did some local commercials up around the Greenville/Spartanburg area for a company I worked for (now defunct/not my fault :lol: ). He and I talked about that game. Said that they (Clemson) had been pretty conservative that year because they had two outstanding backs, but he (Ford) figured they had a shot if they flipped the switch. So throughout the bowl practices, leading up to the bowl itself, they worked on the passing game. When they came out throwing, Penn State didn't have an answer. Danny Ford was smiling the entire time, and added, "Joe was pacing the sidelines like a lion that day - I could tell he was ticked off. Still gracious in defeat though."

Think we lost like 48-24, or some such.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.