Other College Football Games

PSUgrower

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:37 pm

IF PSU was in it you would be interested! I am heading out on a limb on this but I bet that if UCF was in the playoff you would watch the Knights slay the double headed dragon.

I am not watching the playoff games because I loathe the teams involved. Plus, PSU is the Rodney Dangerfield of the NCAA and gets zero respect

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:39 pm

PSUgrower wrote:Auburn losing to UCF is a prime reason why the NCAA needs to head to 8 teams in a playoff. Let the 5 conference winners get in and then let 3 more teams get in. I know PSU would have gotten shafted this year because the NCAA hates us. We should be the highest ranked 2 loss team in the nation. I am fine that we are behind OSU since they beat us. But Auburn with 3 losses and USC are ahead of us in the rankings is silly. Someone call Condi!

But if they rank PSU higher then they had to rank OSU higher? And the NCAA doesn't have near the influence on the rankings that ESPN does, now do they? Sometime in the future somebody from ESPN will admit to being given talking points that were pro SEC.

OSU beat a #11 PSU, a #6 Wisconsin, a UM, a #16 MSU. Lost bad to Iowa and to #2 OK. And was the winner of the best division in football and won the conference Championship. I hate OSU but the ESPN bias and influence is clear to me.

AL beat a #17 LSU the best team they beat all year who just lost their bowl game. The best team AL played all year was Auburn and they lost handily. Auburn BTW just lost to Central FL and will not end the year in the top 10. But ESPN will tell us AL played a better schedule than OSU? They must use what the team was ranked when AL played them to justify propping up an SEC team. Today AL will need to beat someone but they didn't deserve the chance.

ND coach is right to say that he proposes a softer schedule but I doubt ND will get the benefit of a softer schedule as much as AL did. After all ND is only the NBC network.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:33 pm

I am already suffering from PSU football withdrawal symptoms and, therefore, will watch as many bowl games as possible. Just looked at next season's schedule. It's a mofo. (Hope nobody is offended by my "masked profanity", I was censored recently on the Acoustic Guitar Forum for using "masked profanity" and for repeating a famous quote about man inventing god.......fork them!)
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm

PSU will obviously finish in the top 10, probably around 7th or so. I actually think UCF should jump PSU as well as several other teams. They deserved a shot.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:43 pm

I completely agree with you when it comes to
ESPN climbing all over the SECs nuts. I would argue that PSU should have been ahead of whiskey. Imo, PSU should have been the 2nd best 10-2 team.

UCF should jump to number 5. I will never understand why NCAA hasn't gone to 8 teams. This way winning your conference means something.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:51 pm

I was looking at next years schedule and this team is finally getting deeper on both sides (We have 85 schollies) of the ball. We should run the table next year and go undefeated!!!!!

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Say PSU doesn't lose to MSU but OSU still gets to play the Big10 Championship...No chance ESPN argues PSU gets to go to the playoff over Alabama. They couldn't claim they didn't win their championship because Alabama didn't either. But they would claim AL had a tougher schedule somehow. Or that losing to your rival in the Ironbowl is OK? ESPN is biased and they have too much power. I'm going to complain to my congressman. :lol:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 pm

It's funny but for years I thought college football needed a playoff system. Now they have one and I think it sucks and have zero interest in watching.

Agree with grower that a 8 teams makes more sense, but I don't see it happening any time soon. I doubt the early round games would garner more money than the bowls, or the sponsors would prefer it over the bowls, so I don't see it. Not anytime soon at least.
Is it baseball season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:44 pm

It is all about $$$$ and they will head to an 8 team playoff at some point. More teams means more $$$ for the NCAA. ESPN is going to cream their pants if it is an Alabama- Georgia final! It will be interesting to see what happens because I will not watch that game at all. I have zero interest in watching an SEC college football championship when it shouldn't happen in the 1st place. BTW- I hate all 4 of these teams in the CFP

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:04 pm

NCAA doesn't get money from the bowl games. And, unless someone can show why it would be more lucrative it won't happen. And, right now I can't see how it would make more than the bowls. We'll see. I wouldn't count on it anytime soon, though.
Is it baseball season yet?