Random Thoughts Again

Blue&White

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Shuffleboard is for old people. We're playing bocce.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:29 pm

After the dinner a Country Kitchen Buffet B&W is going to be in a hot strip canasta game with the girls from the Active seniors group.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:43 pm

sameoldlama wrote:After the dinner a Country Kitchen Buffet B&W is going to be in a hot strip canasta game with the girls from the Active seniors group.

Don't forget.....SC discount before 5pm (you can probably pass for a senior)....and bring your tip calculator.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm

After the dinner a Country Kitchen Buffet B&W is going to be in a hot strip canasta game with the girls from the Active seniors group.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:12 pm

Well, the sun is going down and I'm not dead, yet. And no sign of zombies, so far. But the snowfall amount was pretty serious. Close to 2 feet so far and it still hasn't stopped. Really looking forward to going out there in a bit to clear it away.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:23 am

Blue&White wrote:Come on spring!!

Right now I'll settle for a temperature above freezing.

This really does remind me of the winters of 77/78, not reaching freezing in like forever. In 77 we did not reaching freezing for over 4 months so I suspect we will make above that magical 32 degree level before that period of days is reached.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Jerry Garcia wrote:Your family has my sincere sympathies, Carl. Hang in there, brother.

I randomly picked a post to thank everyone for the condolences expressed about losing my M I L. As noted previously, it was a blessing that she passed peacefully once hospice arrived on the scene and her pain was adequately controlled. Funeral is Sat. morning and I think I've recovered enough from the surgery to attend. We will have a five hour drive in and another five to return so it will be a big day. My best friend from high school and several of my brothers will be in attendance so we will get to see them along with our grandchildren and our son again after his visit on NYD.

I'm recovering quite well with the usual post anesthesia issues for several days post op. The incision is rather sore but so far I think the pump may be working even a bit better than expected given i'm back to minimum dose level. Anyway, that is enough info. If everyone who had surgery posted a play by play we would need more bandwidth.

Having the flu over NYD and into the surgery period was a trial, a lot of Nyquil was a blessing. I was concerned they would push me back if I was very ill on arrival but I was fine then and discharged by noon.

Happy Days
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Heal quickly, Carl......we're still young.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Crap! I just discovered a batch of chocolate chip cookies Mrs. Mad hid from me. I'll have to eat them before they get stale. So much for dieting.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Heal quickly, Carl.

What he said.

I'll have to eat them before they get stale.

I hate when that happens.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)