Politics

Blue&White

Re: Politics

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 am

The DoD and the CIA are not basing their assessments on the BBC or The New York Times. They could easily have said there was no evidence that Assad was behind this. It appears they didn't think Assad was behind this.

The problem is that the press loves military action. It makes a president appear "presidential". Look at all the accolades Trump got when he launched those missiles and took a Syrian airbase out of commission for less than 48 hours. It was good press for Trump and, before him, Obama. But, I do not believe for one minute the government was "duped". And I really don't believe this was done because our "heart was in the right place". Remember, we most likely sided and supported the people who may have actually done this.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 am

I still contend that had it not involved allegations of a chemical attack and media coverage of mutilated children, we would have done nothing. Someone set a diabolical trap and we stepped into it. And by "we" I mean "not me".
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:15 am

It absolutely was a trap and was designed to pull us in. In both instances - both in 2013 and in 2017 - the attacks happened at a point when Assad was pushing the rebels back. Both attacks happened at a point when Assad had little reason to actually do this. I have no doubt that a) it was done to garner international outrage, and, more specifically, US outrage and b) we wouldn't have gotten involved if it wasn't for pictures of dead children murdered by gas. It was horrible.

But, just because the press was duped doesn't mean the CIA or DoD was. And, per previous things I posted, it seems they were not. But, that sure didn't stop a lot of caterwauling about it by both Obama and Trump. I do not believe for one second that was unintentional or a mistake. It was done to further an agenda and as a result the US took military action that was in contravention of law.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:40 am

Our political leaders have been committing criminal acts at least since 1861 and I'm very sure long before that. Nothing new here although it sure it sad that it keeps happening.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 pm

Someone mailed Donald Jr. a package with a "mysterious white powder" in it that his wife opened. 3 people hospitalized as a precaution, including Jr.'s wife. The blurb I saw said that the authorities think the powder is nothing and they are just being safe.

There are some seriously warped people in the world.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 am

Blue&White wrote:Someone mailed Donald Jr. a package with a "mysterious white powder" in it that his wife opened. 3 people hospitalized as a precaution, including Jr.'s wife. The blurb I saw said that the authorities think the powder is nothing and they are just being safe.

There are some seriously warped people in the world.

I seem to remember some Congress reps. getting the same type stuff back when the Ricin scare was in the fake news. Turned out to be flour or something like that. I agree, some very warped people out there, hating people they have never met on the advice of cable and network media, etc.

All we need is love. 8-)
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 am

All we need is love. 8-)

Sure. When you're bazllionaires like the Beatles, you got everything else covered. :lol:
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Well, I have to come out of the water closet.

I'm a reclusive trillionaire. I live in this spot to avoid the money seeking public. Most of the time my 2nd assistant communications director posts for me. I spend my time serving on boards of companies that I own. As a benevolent king my policy is to get the job done, efficiently, at the lowest cost but with accuracy and good construction techniques. Have fun doing your job is my motto and when we play it is as hard as when we work.

Jeeves, fetch the snack tray, I'm famished.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 pm

psu_dad wrote:All we need is love. 8-)

Gee, thanks guys. Now I am going to have that goofy song stuck in my head the rest of the night.

Of course, if I sing it in public maybe I'll ruin it and it'll never be played again. :D
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm

So, how many days do you all think John Kelly remains as Chief Of Staff? A week? 10 days? I think it's a week at the max at this point. If he's still in his job next Wednesday I'll be genuinely shocked.

As a secondary point, I can't believe any administration would circle the wagons around a guy who beat up his wife. WTF is wrong with these people? WTF were they thinking? And, to be caught in an outright, blatant lie about him. I really, really don't get it.