Former Players Thread

sameoldlama

Re: Former Players Thread

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Bummer to see ARob and Poz exit Jacksonville just as they appear to be a team that could be regular playoff team.

Read article on Poz announcement - basically said he doesn't feel he can play up to his standards anymore - 11 years as a Pro LB who was on the field and made a ton of tackles - that will wear a body down.

Great college player and solid pro hope he enjoys the next phase in his life. Got my "31" jersey to remember him.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm

One of mine as well, a Class Act all the way. But, that is what I expect from our guys.

If you haven't seen it, here is his letter to the fan base in Jacksonville announcing his retirement:

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/paul-posluszny-retirement-message-announcement-nfl-jaguars-penn-state-football

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Ran in to him after a Blue White game when my boys were young (I think it was between his Sophomore and Junior seasons). He talked to my boys for about 5 minutes and was as nice to them as I've heard he is to everyone. Since that day, he was a favorite of both mine and the boys and hope he finds his way back to Happy Valley to take in a few games.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Daquan Jones just got paid. $21M/3 years, $14M guaranteed.

Nice! Apparently, he has been putting together a nice little career for himself with the Titans. Who knew!?!

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 am

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:40 am

Great link wittier

I know PP has stated he wants to spend more time with his family but seems like he would make a great youth football coach
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall