Postby sameoldlama » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:59 am

FA
Haley to Giants
Cabinda, Blacknall to Raiders
Davis to Bills
P.Cothren to Steelers
C.Cothren to Vikings
Mahon to Panthers

Overall 13 PSU players into camps. Between the combine coverage / performances, draft / FA and the significant press Barkley got (with a few CJF interviews / mentions) Penn State got some significant recruiting juice out of this draft.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Re: Former Players Thread

Postby Blue&White » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:31 am

I was surprised neither Cabinda or Blacknall were drafted. The odds are always against you when you come in as an unsigned FA but hopefully they impress enough to make the roster.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

JerseyLion

Postby JerseyLion » Tue May 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Hackenburg was traded to the Raiders. Hopefully, learning under Gruden will be more beneficial than whatever he was receiving with the Jets.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue May 22, 2018 8:19 pm

I hope things work out for him. I'll never say anything bad about Hack. He came to PSU as a highly rated recruit when it was definitely not a popular thing to do. I think him committing helped land other players who otherwise might not have come and was a big part of righting the ship. And to be fair his last two years he was being protected by some of the worst lines ever. That plus the fact that he's not the most mobile was a recipe for disaster. And yet with all that there was never a losing season.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue May 22, 2018 10:26 pm

I'll never say anything bad about Hack.

I agree. And, he will never pay for a drink in a bar that I'm in. His W/L record isn't what you hoped for but his character is more than anyone had any right to ask from a high school senior. He had every reason to drop PSU and go elsewhere and he stuck with us. And, he helped bring in more kids. He's the father of our current good fortunes as much as anyone. As much as O'Brien. As much as Franklin. As much as Mauti. Hack living up to his commitment when he had every reason not to was huge.

I will always be a fan of this guy, no matter how he performs on the field.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 am

Blue&White wrote:I'll never say anything bad about Hack.

I agree. And, he will never pay for a drink in a bar that I'm in. His W/L record isn't what you hoped for but his character is more than anyone had any right to ask from a high school senior. He had every reason to drop PSU and go elsewhere and he stuck with us. And, he helped bring in more kids. He's the father of our current good fortunes as much as anyone. As much as O'Brien. As much as Franklin. As much as Mauti. Hack living up to his commitment when he had every reason not to was huge.

I will always be a fan of this guy, no matter how he performs on the field.

Perfectly stated.
41-33.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu May 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Very simply Hack was just in the wrong place at the wrong time - he was the right guy for BO'B's offense and had BO'B stayed I think Hack's college career would have fared better - he simply was a very bad fit for CJF's offense.

When he got tackled in that Georgia bowl game and was slow getting up I knew right there and then - he's leaving the game and he's going in the draft. I thought he needed another year to develop before going pro. Wasn't until the next year when I saw McS play (who is perfect for CJF's offense) that I understood why he left early - he was going to lose the starting job to McS.

Good guy who couldn't catch a break. Hope it works out for him.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:03 pm

I think everything expressed here is pretty spot on. I'd certainly buy him a beer if I saw him out. That was such a surreal time...it's still hard to believe we made it through the sanctions as well as we did (the football program). May JS rot in his prison cell for 100 more years.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Word out of Arizona is that AQ Shipley has torn his ACL and will miss this season. Hard to believe he's still in the league, that's a long time for an offensive lineman.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:17 pm

AQ was the only Cardinal O-lineman to start the entire season last year.