Kent State Pregame

Underlion

Re: Kent State Pregame

Postby Underlion » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:40 am

Blue&White wrote:So, pretty much what I expected. 3 - 0.

Still not convinced our D is ready for the big boys.

Haven't really seen a good balanced offense yet.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 pm

I suspect we will see a highly motivated team come late Sept. KSU is not a motivating team, it's a check mark on the schedule.

I'd like to read the comments prior to the OSU game in 2016, probably far worse than these.

OSU is filled with the best talent in the Big 10 overall. The team will be ready for them. The pitfalls are the week after or another week between more talented teams when the team that appears lesser jumps up to bite you in the @$$ and destroys your season. The concentration, good fortune and maturity to complete a championship season is remarkable.

We need to get past Illi. first, then on to OSU.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 am

I hardly ever get confident before playing any team but I just can't see Illinois putting up much of a fight after the first quarter. The only intangible is the stupid Friday 9pm start. I'm already getting nervous thinking about OSU. That has the potential to be a track meet of a game.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:04 pm

I know it was 6 years ago and I know it was a different coaching regime, but I still hold a grudge against Illinois for setting up camp in our parking lot trying to take all our players after the NCAA hit us with the sanctions. Say what you want about Urban Meyer but his decision not to recruit our guys is something I always remember.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psuro

Postby psuro » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Blue&White wrote:I know it was 6 years ago and I know it was a different coaching regime, but I still hold a grudge against Illinois for setting up camp in our parking lot trying to take all our players after the NCAA hit us with the sanctions. Say what you want about Urban Meyer but his decision not to recruit our guys is something I always remember.

And look at how the two programs have gone in different directions since then.