Random Thoughts Again

Shore Lion

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Their survival isn't in doubt. It's something that will eventually blow over. On the other side of the spectrum is the Chick-fil-a thing a few years ago because the owners/founders whatever contributed to organizations that are not in favor of gay marriage. It was a big deal and then nothing. In fact it had the opposite effect in many places. Folks love them some Chick-fil-A. Those things are a friggin' gold mine. People also love their Starbucks and that whole routine. They aren't going anywhere because of some stupid manager who was too stupid to recognize the optics of what they were doing.

tempe

Postby tempe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm

I admit I did not read every post on this - so if this was offered, sorry - but communication goes a long way. When the awaited third came in the cops should have addressed the manager - when the manager saw the third party she should have addressed the cops. No talking aloud allowed? No one can communicate these days? All would be well if the manager would have simply said "geesh, sorry i guess they are waiting - here - on the house - try our love muffins"

That is "management" in the true sense of the word.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 pm

In the Chick-Fil-A thing, there was no groveling as I recall. It was more "we believe what we believe and if you don't like that, fine".

I think a difference here is that Starbucks' reputation for being "politically correct" actually makes them MORE vulnerable. The protesters inclined to give a company grief over this KNOW that Starbucks is terrified at the prospect of getting such grief and that encourages the protesters to crank up the grief. Chick-Fil-A didn't care about that.

If I had to wager, I'd probably wager it goes away eventually, but not without large checks being written.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Can't wait for the obvious, some loitering in a Chick-Fil-A restaurant. Where the devil is Al Sharpton? He should have his hand out by now forf a "contribution" from Starbarks, heck it's open season now that the groveling has begun. I don't care in general as I've visited Starbuck's once in my life, when asked to by a visitor. Won't be back unless a visitor requests me to do so. I can buy a coffee at McDee's for far less and be satisfied. I don't need toe xtra sugar anyway, maybe diabetics should do a sit in at Starbucks and demand contributions to diabetic causes? Of course the msm would not be interested in that issue. Not sensational enough or able to be sensationalized enough by their writers for the talking heads to sigh, raise eyebrows and lament over, on air, while they drink Starbucks coffee off camera.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:53 pm

I have to admit a weakness for their caramel frappuccino. But I have to drink them on the sly so my wife doesn't rat me out to my sons (the Health Nazis). Not to mention they're probably about 10,000 calories. So it's something I only indulge in maybe twice a year. Sorta like egg nog.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Starbucks has announced they are closing every single store in the US on May 29th so their employees can all take Racial Bias training.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:10 pm

It would be more significant if they would also give out free caramel frappuccinos on May 30th.

PS - There isn't a day goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for having a career that didn't involve interacting with the general public.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 pm

PS - There isn't a day goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for having a career that didn't involve interacting with the general public.

Retail sucks. You put up with a lot of shit working retail and generally for not much over minimum wage. Starbucks is a bit different - they pay their people a living wage, they provide benefits, etc. But, it's no great fortune for the amount of crap you put up with. I'm not even talking about this incident in particular. Just in general when you interact with the public you put up with a lot of crap. I'm bad at putting up with crap.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:37 pm

CUSTOMER: I want a Vanilla Macchiato, Venti, Half-Skim, Half-Soy, Extra Whip, Sugar Free
ME: Could you possibly be a bigger douchebag?
BOSS: You're fired.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Good thing you guys aren't in sales. For me, it was poop sammiches each and every day eaten with a smile along with a "thank you sir, may I have another". And that was a good day. The bad day came when your manager showed up for a ride-a-long. Gawd, how I don't miss that emmert.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.