Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:01 pm

When I was a teenager, I worked in a supermarket. The store manager also put up with crap from PITA customers with a smile on his face. I thought lesser of him for doing it. Fortunately, I eventually became wise enough to understand that a man who is willing to eat poop sammiches in order to provide for his family deserves respect, not contempt. I just didn't know any better at the time.

But (bless his heart) I still wouldn't want his job.
Fire Alex Cora.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:49 am

Blue&White wrote:If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that there are now going to be more people coming out and saying they were discriminated at a Starbucks. It may be true, it may not be, but I will be surprised if this one incident is the end of it.

And so it begins.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 am

I'm sure there's still room under the bus for that manager, too ... at the moment.

This is why the CEO is engaged in a major ass-kissing campaign. If this spins out of control, people are going to be coming after his head. I suspect his gig pays more than 50K a year.
Fire Alex Cora.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 am

Nat@PSU wrote:Watching the Amazon Prime show that covers the Wolverines football team from last season.

The knock on John Harbaugh is that he is eccentric, off the wall, and has a hard time relating to people.

This behind the scenes show does NOTHING to disprove that view.

The man is a full blown oddball. I don't know if Michigan thought this would serve as great PR for their program but honestly it seems like the opposite.

Well it seems Harbaugh's act certainly has worn thin with one player.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... yptr=yahoo
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:15 am

That young man seems to be a Disaster Waiting to Happen.
Fire Alex Cora.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:21 am

I like his Twitter handle.
#Emmertknew

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:41 pm

I assume everyone by now has read or heard about the Southwest flight that had the engine blow out and shrapnel break through the window and ultimately kill a poor woman. The story is horrific but, if you have a chance, go check out the stories on the pilot, including the transcript of her discussion with the tower. She kept her cool through a nasty situation and got everyone on the ground quickly and as safely as possible. Horrible about the poor woman who died form her injuries, but it sounds like the crew and even the other passengers all acted really above and beyond what can be reasonably expected.
#Emmertknew

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Speaking of working with the public, try a country club sometime. A bunch of front runners who think their's doesn't stink explaining to you how awful you are doing your job, daily, hourly. Termination of your position is suggested weekly if not daily. Of course there are wonderful members as well but sadly you remember those who threaten your lively hood and your ability to provide for you family who you rarely see. Of all the big shots I've encountered Joe Biden was a lot of fun, jokes, off color jokes, more off color jokes, dirty jokes but no limericks darn it. He was funny, a leader no but very funny to interact with on the course.

Mrs. Spackler used to be a phlebotomist in the hospital lab when needed warm bodies were needed to assist in keeping the customer flow moving. I'm afraid of needles is the refrain from the big babies as they sport tattoos in abundance. Fainting from the six foot tall group of men, wimps or the women who are having prenatal work also afraid of needles, fainting, swearing, threatening you, etc. I'd love to have an audio track of the delivery, precious. The stories are endless but one of the best was the three hour blood draw as the young lady ran out of the lab each time she was approached to take her blood sample, crying, throwing fits, like a 2 year old - and she was about to give birth to another "individual" most likely to pattern themselves after her emotional model. The future is bright........