Random Thoughts Again

psu_dad

Re: Random Thoughts Again

Postby psu_dad » Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 am

My very first rock concert was a Led Zeppelin concert in the early 70s. A friend got the tickets. Boston Garden. The end opposite from the stage.

ME: We won't be able to hear well from there.
HIM: You'll be able to hear them outside.

He was right.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 am

Anyone follow the story about the lawyer in NYC who started screaming at people in a cafe for speaking Spanish? The whole thing was caught on video and, of course, went viral. People identified him and then went to Yelp and gave his practice a bunch of 1 star ratings. It then turned out that him yelling racists things at people was not a one off event and there are a few other videos out there of him behaving in a similar manner. Apparently this guy has anger management issues and a penchant for finding people who are recording. Not a good combination.

Anyway, as a result of this, the company he rents space from for his law practice has booted him and 2 NY elected officials have filed a complaint against him with the bar. I guess he picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue - and to scream at people for having a 2nd language.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am

Reports of an active school shooter in a high school in Santa Fe, Texas. No details as of yet.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 am

I can't find much information regarding the shooting at this point. All I am seeing are "multiple fatalities" which is bad enough. I tried to watch a video feed from the local station, by my network either blocks it or just sucks...

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri May 18, 2018 10:49 am

I just looked again. Per current reports, there has been a suspect arrested and the situation is "contained". I've not seen anything on fatalities but I did see a report of multiple injuries. I also saw that it looks like the shooter pulled a fire alarm and then waited for people to leave the building and starting shooting at them.

Now would be a good time for Ollie North and the NRA to release another statement condemning the kids from Parkland as domestic terrorists.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri May 18, 2018 11:17 am

Now reports that at least 8 dead.

Damn.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 am

Jesus. So sad. :cry:
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 am

Blue&White wrote:
Now would be a good time for Ollie North and the NRA to release another statement condemning the kids from Parkland as domestic terrorists.

Don't even get me started on that jackass and his shitty organization.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri May 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Death toll up to 10.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Our district might be changing our fire drill procedures. We have to have a fire drill each month. Last month during our fire drill we were told that the drill was about to happen. This was the first time I can remember this happening. I wonder if you will see a shift in fire drill procedures because the last time a student died in a fire was 1958 (I am not 100% sure of that info). It is sad that all this crap is happening. How are these kids growing thinking that murdering innocent people is a solution to their problems!