Random Musings

Crowbar

Re: Random Musings

Postby Crowbar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:02 am

As far as #2 goes, this shows me you have a great taste of music. As far as I'm concerned, music died at the turn of the century.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:25 pm

psuro wrote:A few random musings/first airing of grievances in the 2019

1. Does everyone think that somewhere, sometime, in some country, the movie "Road House" is playing on television? I think it is. Subtitled and/or voiced over.

2. One of the young engineers in my office told me she is going to Coachella this summer. So I checked out the website - 164 musical artists were listed. I had only heard of three of them. And I had never heard a song from any of those three. That made me feel really, really old - practically ancient.

3. Only in the last year did I realize the cities of Las Vegas and Columbus had professional hockey teams.

4. I think the Penn State defense is going to miss Shareef Miller more than the Penn State offense is going to miss Miles Sanders.

5. If the New York Giants draft Dwayne Haskins and one decent lineman, all of sudden they could be exponentially a better team. Conversely, nothing is going to help the New York Jets.

6. ....and my long time favorite random musing/grievance.....school taxes......what can be done to make this whole process more amenable?

1. In some country? When I'm channel surfing I come across Road House at least once a week.

2. At least your first thought when you heard Coachella was a hipster music festival with half naked girls dancing through the night - mine was about all the wonderful National Parks in that region.

3. Well Vegas just got their team so that can be forgiven - ignoring anything to do with Columbus, Ohio is to be applauded.

4. And we will miss Givens for than Miller (more depth at DE than DT) - if Miller come back and is paired with Matos and Parsons coming off the edge and Beaver Stadium becomes a visiting QB graveyard.

5. After all the work I did getting SB to the NYG they better get him some help

6. Well in NJ and PA a good start might be to cut down on the number of districts to get a grip on administrative costs. Though I fear things will get worse because it seems more and more teachers are being asked to raise kids rather than just educate them.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:56 pm

Blue&White wrote:If you don't work there it's optional. Btw, this is the reason I always open the door with a paper towel. And, if they dont' have paper towels then I am trapped until someone else comes in and opens the door for me.

I hate washing my ands in a McDs because they never have paper towels :evil:

psuro

Postby psuro » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:02 am

A few more random musings....

I have a couple of weird habits/things that I like.

1. I collect Harley Davidson t-shirts. From anywhere. But, the rule is - someone has to go and purchase them, not order them online. So, I have gotten t-shirts from around the US, Canada, Bahamas, Europe, Asia. Some I have had for 10 years and have not worn (I hope they still fit if I do choose to wear them). My favorite is the one from Romania - it has a picture of Dracula's Castle.

2. I don't watch much TV anymore. But I like the show Modern Family. Mostly, I like Claire. I prefer brown eyed brunettes, but Gloria is simply too much for me. Claire is the kind of neurotic high strung woman I normally end up with.

3. I do like youtube - and by that, I mean I watch youtube the way some people sit at home and watch TV. For a few hours. For whatever reason, I love the BBC documentaries on youtube. I have learned about British history, top hotels in London, and British Airways from these documentaries. I also watch a video channel on luxury travel. So, I have been to the top resorts in the world, and don't have to leave my couch. I am placing youtube right behind sliced bread, and above opposable thumbs in the important things in this world.

4. I don't like to be next to my furnace when it kicks on. It's in the same room as the washer/dryer, and if I am in there and it's getting ready to kick on, I have to step away and then come back.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Well this is last season for Modern Family - so Claire is going to have some spare time - her character seems like she could be entertaining at a tailgate.

And I watch way to much youtube on my phone at airport / other places I get bore for a few minutes - I need to cut back or I will be buying Joepa's glasses and Suepa's next yard sale.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

psuro

Postby psuro » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:15 am

Actually, I think next year is the last year for Modern Family. But yeah, she will have some free time. So that's nice.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:27 am

I'm not a big Modern Family fan and the only reason I ever tune in is to watch Julie Bowen. I saw that she was divorced last year.

Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Apparently Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian walking on the highway. A sobriety test was administered (and I assume a breathalyzer) and all reports are that he wasn't at all impaired. I guess he just didn't see the guy in time. Understandable, I guess, as you don't expect to see someone walking on an interstate.

That's got to be an awful thing do deal with.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:47 pm

Yeah, as much as I hate Boeheim it doesn't sound like he was reckless or inebriated at the time of the crash. Just a horrible tragedy, likely due to poor road conditions from the storm.

Feel awful for all those involved, especially the victim and all his loved ones.
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:50 pm

Did you happen to see why the guy he hit was walking on the interstate? Did his car break down? I mean, it's not a place you expect to see pedestrians.